Disclaimer

Friday, April 15, 2011

India does not need Thinkers any more, What we need is Action.- A Must Read.

A very thought provoking e-mail received from a friend which I cannot resist passing on. It is actually time for action now; for all of us!

.
Jai Bharat,
Cmde Ashok Sawhney
.
India does not need Thinkers,
What we need is Action..

Many of you don’t know me, many will say
‘unsubscribe’, many would not like to read it at all
but I need to write..
***
It’s not about me, it’s not about you.
It’s about the place we stay in,
the society we live in, the systems we have!!
***
*I often wonder* when a mosquito bites us
why do I think of a repellant, why a coil or hit
why don’t I have the courage
to question my municipality?
***
*Why do I buy* water in a bottle?
Why do I purify water at my home?
Does the water bill say that the tap water
is only for washing clothes or having a bath?
Why don’t I get drinking water in my tap?
***
*Why should I pay* a toll tax
on every single black, nice looking road?
Why a basic road is not my right?
***
*Why do I buy* an inverter
or dream of a generator?
Why don’t I get current in my wires?
***
*Why do we call* the private schools
as public schools.. I always thought
schools run by the government
should only be called public schools!!
***
*Why- the cricketer* who sold
the ethics of the game sits in parliament
or comes as an expert on channels?
***
*Why someone known* for beating his wife
and had charges of holding drugs is
a celebrity to judge dance shows
and all of us watch and clap too.
***
*Why is it that the* so called high profile
tainted journalists still run
public shows and we all watch..
***
*Why don’t I know* the fine
on jumping red light or for not wearing a helmet
but am very well aware of the power of 100 rupees,
the cost of duty of most of
the traffic guys across the country..
***
*Why is a girl raped* in a roaming car
in the capital of the country almost every month
and all that the government says
is that girls should be careful..
***
*Why does the trial* and judgment
of social activists just takes a few weeks
but Raja, Raju, Reddy roam around for years!!
***
*Why even after killing hundreds* of people on road
the blue line buses remained on roads?
Do you know any city apart from the capital
of your country where the city buses
crushed people on a daily basis?
***
*Why didn’t we come on the roads*
when someone made elephants of stones
for thousands of crores rupees in U.P. where
people still dig pits to sleep or die of hunger?
***
*Why a tainted, corrupt minister* is called to IIM
and Academy for IAS and applauded –
unstopped on his desi style ?
***
Its so easy to call someone corrupt but
have you ever thought; *The act of bribe
starts by giving, not by taking* ..
it starts from me not from him or her..
so why don’t I look at myself first ?
***
I strongly believe that the *Logic is always
for NOT doing something.. Doing does not
need logic,* *doers don’t believe in logic!!*
***
Just a couple of years back some people
came and played with us, killed our pride and people.
We were angry.. some people thought
that the attack in Mumbai was on rich people
and therefore something would change..
Nothing happened.. we all go to
Gateway of India on every anniversary in
November, burn some wax, sing some songs
and come back. Nothing changes-
the government is back, Z security is back
and people are back at the
Gateway of ndia…
***
*It’s time to come out, stand up*...move..
do something.. Sitting in drawing rooms
or discussing over a mug of beer
will not solve anything..
***
*Please remember this country does not need
thinkers any more, enough of them..
what you need is action..*
***
Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment