Disclaimer

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Some Actors who will Make you Sit up

Arunodoy Singh
.
Filmmmaker Sudhir Mishra's blue-eyed boy made his unnoticed debut in Piyush Jha's Sikandar and Anil Kapoor's Aisha. Mishra swears by his talent. His tall, imposing screen presence and loads of offscreen attitude shows on screen. His real launch was Vinay Shukla's Mirch and the upcoming Sudhir Mishra's Yeh Saali Zindagi in January. Being politician Arjun Singh's grandson helps. The downer? Attitude works only when it's accompanied by talent. That's what separates Mallika Sherawat from Kareena Kapoor. Political dynastic credentials is okay, what about talent? Another politician Ram Vilas Paswan's son Chirag Paswan too is making his entry this year.
.
Dream role : "To get to play Bruce Wayne/Batman."
.
Role model : " Sean Penn"
.
When the actor in you was born : "The first inkling was when I was nine years old. But I took a firm decision on my career when I was in university."
.
Best tip you've got : "Don't act, listen!"
.
Strength: "Self-awareness."
.
Akshay Oberoi
.
Tall and innocent looking, Akshay Oberoi is being launched by the Rajshris in Issi Life Mein. Rajshris once launched Salman Khan as a hero in Maine Pyar Kiya. They're hoping Akshay would make a similar impact. The boy is Vivek Oberoi's cousin. The downer? The golden days of the Rajshris ended aeons ago. Besides, how many Akshays can the film industry accommodate?
.
Dream role: "I don't think I have one, just yet. I am a greedy actor and I want toplay all kinds of roles!"
.
Role model: "There are a lot of actors' careers that I admire, but I would like to carve my own path rather than model it on anyone else's."
.
When the actor in you was born: "I knew around the age of 10 that acting was something I was very interested in and wanted to study."
.
Best tip you've got: "No one knows the destiny of a film until it hits the theatre. And that a good film will get its due no matter what."
.
Strength: "At this point, I know that I am extremely passionate and that, I may not be as talented as the next guy, but I am surely willing to work harder!"
.
Aditya Roy Kapoor
.
After a brief role as Pakistani rock musician in Vipul Shah's London Dreams, Aditya rocked in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guzaarish and Vipul Shah's Action Replayy. In both, he replaced Ranbir Kapoor. Aditya has a very unique personality. He has a natural unaffected screen presence which is a refreshing opposite to 'acting'. The downer? All his three films so far have tanked. And that head of Afro hair? Will it work beyond a point? Naseeruddin Shah's talented elder son Imaad with his Afro curls is still waiting for the big break.
.
Dream role: "That of a simple man."
.
Role model : " Robert de Niro"
.
When the actor in you was born: "One year ago."
.
Best tip you've got : "Don't act!"
.
Strength: "My guru."
.
Asin
.
The Tamil-Telugu hottie gave a rousing performance as Aamir Khan's sunshine girl in Ghajini. Though she's acted in dozens of South Indian films, she's dew-drop fresh in her approach to Hindi cinema and has the potential of being the next best South Indian actress after Hema Malini, Rekha, Sridevi and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Has caught Salman Khan's fancy. The downer? Has said no to too many films in Hindi. Asin turned down Farhan Akhtar's Kartik Calling Kartik and Ashutosh Gowarikar's Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se. Both went to Deepika Padukone. Both flopped. So guess who's having the last laugh?
.
Dream role : "I don't have any one particular dream role. Various roles that give me scope to perform would be my dream or rather is what I hope to get."
.
Role model : "I don't wish to model my career on anybody else's."
.
When the actor in you was born: "I was in school when I first started acting in films, but took it up as a profession only after five films and my first Best Actress award."
.
Best tip you've got: "Be yourself."
.
Strength: "My determination to overcome all obstacles and do my best in whatever I do."
.

No comments:

Post a Comment