Tuesday, April 19, 2011
OROP Committee by Rajya Sabha - Lt Col SS Sohi
1. Please refer to your Public Notification dt 9/4/11 in the News papers, Committee on One Rank One Pension (ie OROP) .
2. This seems to be a good step by the Govt, but 15 days period given for response/ to submit views/ memorandum/ Comments by Ex-Servicemen (ESM), NGOs, Orgs, is too small. Please reconsider to extend period by 30 days at least. Most of the ESM are w/o Emails & may take much more time to forward their point of view. Many ESM are not aware of this info/ Noti news.
3. We request this committee to have few experienced & reputed ESM as their members in the decision making body. Otherwise this Committee will also reach no where & may create further problems & confusion in solving the long pending sensitive issue, soon. You will kindly bear with us that, we shall feel more free & confident in telling our problems to, who understand our language the most.
4. There have been many such committees but only created delays & confusions so far. ESM Community is expecting positive decisions/implementations.
5. Once highest Courts of Law in the Country have given their decisions & opinions repeatedly, then it is felt that Govt should not create reasons to delay its implementation, for speedy Justice to ESM Committee.
with deep Regards.
Lt Col SS Sohi (Retd).
President, ESM Grievances Cell (Regd). Mohali
For Info to Veterans, please