Sunday, August 2, 2015
A soldier clarifies and explains the true connotation of contempt.
Here is a piece of reasoned rebuttal for the above and trust all will agree with the logic behind these facts and figures.
Every one is a civilian before he joins the Army and is destined to become one again once he hangs his uniform...but in between he goes under a metamorphosis which tunes him to act and behave differently....he undergoes a tough training regimen and acquires a unshakable belief in his own and his organisations capability......Some call it attitude, even arrogance but we call it Pride and it should not be mistaken for contempt......
- Contempt is when due to a third rate Defence Minister who interfered so much with the Army that it had to suffer 62 humiliation.
- Contempt is that immediately after a resounding victory of 71...Forces were rewarded with a cut of 20% in pensions.
- Contempt is that widows, disabled soldiers and veterans have to go into prolonged litigation to get their dues.
- Contempt is when 90 year old soldier has to sit on dharna to get OROP....his wait of 40 years is still some more way to go.
- Contempt is when a Kargil Martyr father is asked to pay bribes to get the petrol pump promised to him.
- Contempt is when we are told that we have lavish life style when people don't have first idea of what we go through on the borders.
List is endless....but the forces carry on regardless because the covenant of loyalty and sacrifice binds us to our flag...
To slight a soldier is easy....but to protect the country is difficult .........hope they have a size good enough to fill his shoes....