Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Sainik Aakrosh Rally on 13 Dec 15 at Jantar Mantar-An Appeal to all Veterans
UNITED FRONT OF EX SERVICEMEN (ESM)
ONE RANK ONE PENSION (OROP)
GOVT NOTIFICATION OF 07TH NOV 15
WILL KILL ITS APPROVED DEFINITION
SAINIK AAKROSH RALLY ON 13 DEC 15 AT JANTAR MANTAR
FROM 10AM TO 3PM
1. You are aware that the Govt Notification issued on 07th Nov 15 regarding Implementation of OROP has serious shortcomings and if implemented, it will totally kill approved OROP Definition. The bureaucrats and the Govt will systematically downgrade the provisions of OROP and finally totally deny us the same.
2. The 7th CPC recommendations have come as further blow to already downgraded, degraded, ill-treated, mistreated Military in status, pay and allowances. Our top scales have been depressed, thereby further downgrading the Military. It is intriguing, surprising and totally unfair and unjustified that no member from Defence Forces was included in the 7th CPC in spite of the issue having been taken up by our service Chiefs. Ignoring their strong recommendations was a grave wrong and unjustified decision of the Govt.
3. You are all aware that the present Govt also continued the legacy of previous Govts of downgrading the Military on the behest of bureaucracy. PM himself assured us at Rewari and many other locations across the country including at Siachen and at Sea on board the INS Vikramaditya that Actual OROP will be implemented. Unfortunately, the Notification of 07th Nov 2015 totally belies that assurance. It is a betrayal of faith of Soldiers. Despite our repeated requests for a delegation meeting, PM has not granted us the meeting.
4. We are all shocked and anguished to read that the RM has now directed Directorate of the Ex-Servicemen Welfare (DESM) to launch a Media Campaign against the Soldiers on Protest Movement demanding correct implementation of OROP as per the Govt approved definition.
5. Friends, we are in our 170th Day of Protest at Jantar Mantar and at many other locations in the Country. It is Now or Never. We have decided to intensify our Protest Movement across the Country by holding Rallies and informing the people of our Great Bharat about the injustices being inflicted on the soldiers by successive Govts.
6. Friends, the Govt has vast resources to supress the Protest Movement. We request the Defence Fraternity and the people of India to join the struggle against the unjustified ill-treatment of Military. This will seriously affect the National security. Some of you may not be aware that from 2006 to 2009, 40% of authorised vacancies at IMA and OTA were not subscribed (Lok Sabha Reply by RM).
7. Soldiers retire early and also die early vis-a-vis the other Central Govt employees as revealed by a Study carried out by the Govt. The Govt has not addressed these serious factors of Defence Personnel This is the Situation and Time that we need to stand up and demand restoration of status of Military as existed on 26 Jan 1950 in all respects.
8. Friends, in order to take important decisions together, “SAINIK AAKROSH RALLY” is being held at Jantar Mantar on 13 Dec 2015 from 10AM to 3PM.
9. The Complete Defence Fraternity and our Civilian Supporters are requested to join in large numbers to make this Rally a Grand Success. Our AIM is to get actual OROP implemented by the government.
10. We specially appeal to our Retired Chiefs, Army Cdrs, Corps Cdrs and PSOs at the three Service HQs to attend the AAKROSH RALLY at Jantar Mantar on 13th Dec 2015. Your soldiers are waiting for your expression of solidity of their cause. The Civil Military Relations and statues of Military viz the Civilian Counterparts have to be brought back to where these existed as on 26 Jan 1950.
11. Retired Chiefs are requested to jointly write to PM for the correct Implementation of sanctioned OROP as per the approved definition without any dilution. The Notification of 7th Nov 2015 needs to be amended after resolving all the seven anomalies which have already been pointed out to the Govt.
12. Pl give missed call at 07304400500 to support OROP, your every call will give more impetus to our struggle of OROP.
13. Please donate generously and send your donation in cash/cheque/draft in the IESM account Payable to “Indian Ex Servicemen Movement, HDFC Bank A/C No: 06162000001330, and send it to our office address:
543, Sector 23
Gurgaon – 122017
The cash/cheque/draft can also be sent to Treasurer IESM at
N-15, 1st Flr
Greater Kailash 1
NEW DELHI -110048
You may also deposit in the account directly and forward the receipt to above addresses. Bank Transfers are also welcome. Our Bank Details are:-
Name of Account:
Indian Ex Servicemen Movement
Account No: 06162000001330
Name of Bank: HDFC Bank
Nine Digit MICR
Code of Bank: 110240109
IFSC Code No
(for e-transfer): HDFC 0000616
of Bank: Palam Vihar Branch, SCO 87,
Sector 22, Gurgaon–122001
Hands, Heads and Shoulders Together.
Maj Gen Satbir Singh, SM (Retd)
Advisor United Front of Ex Servicemen
& Chairman IESM
Mobile: 9312404269, +0124 4110570